The electronics are redundant. They monitor and control all in- and outputs (I/Os) of a diesel motor. The FADEC offers comprehensive engine management and monitoring. It detects electrical as well as mechanical faults in the engine control system.
With SILVER ATENA's autocode toolchain (SDE), an engine-specific control and monitoring software, created by using MATLAB / SIMULINK, can be easily and quickly integrated into the engine control unit. This control laws model is simply parameterizable on the test bench with standard tools such as INCA. Furthermore, the basic software already offers an extensive data and fault memory.
The diagnostic capabilities which include lifetime monitoring and an intelligent fault management enable operation of the engine at the highest safety level. Performance and consumption optimisation as well as single lever power control are already implemented in the FADEC .
Within a very short time SILVER ATENA’s Universal FADEC is ready for use for the validation of control and monitoring concepts. It can be certified and used as a series device in unchanged form. By removing unnecessary interfaces it can be optimized quickly regarding weight and cost.
- Redundant control and monitoring of diesel aircraft engine with single lever power control
- Dual channel ECU architecture (full operation of aero engine also with only one ECU lane)
- Easy Integration of an autocode generated engine specific control and monitor software model
- Developed according to civil aviation standards RTCA DO-178B (software) and DO-254 (hardware) with safety level DAL B (Design Assurance Level)
- Certified for environmental conditions according to civil aviation standard RTCA DO-160G
- Engine Monitoring: detection of electrical and mechanical failures of the engine control system
- Intelligent Life Usage Monitoring
Universal Diesel FADEC
SILVER ATENA’s certifiable Universal Full Authority Digital Engine Control (Universal FADEC) is designed for the control of common-rail Diesel engines with up to eight cylinders.
The FADEC enables comfortable engine handling by use of single lever power control and incorporates lifetime monitoring as well as intelligent fault management.
Due to the large number of interfaces it is suitable for different engine concepts (e.g. 2-stroke, 4-stroke, Wankel, etc.).
- Validation of control and monitoring concepts
- Aircraft engines certified according to EASA CS-E
- Aircraft certified according to EASA CS-23/FAR 23
- Rotorcrafts certified according to EASA CS-27 and EASA CS-29
- UAVs / OPVs respectively RPAS